Moment in Time Writing

Moment in Time Writing Term 2 2017

WALT write "a moment in time" piece of writing.
Specific goals (Please highlight yours)
  • I can support my ideas with detail  (Ideas)
  • I can communicate precise meaning related to the topic  (Vocabulary)
  • I can use language that is suitable to the topic, audience and purpose. (Structure & Language)



Crash! A big rock descends down upon me as I walk past.

I was walking my dog along the sandy beach when a big egg fell through the sky from space. Why am I there?I am there to walk my dog.I can see three big eggs crackling as I walk  past.

I can smell the salty water and the fishy seaweed. I can taste the yummy food I had    before I went to the beach to walk my dog. I can hear the waves swishing side to                                side. I can also hear the kids shouting in the background as my dog and I walk past.

I can feel the squishy sand between my toes.I can feel the sloppy seaweed sticking to my foot.I can also feel the soft seagull feathers.

I can see dogs in the water and then the egg starts to hatch. It is so exciting that I grab someone to watch the egg hatch with me

I can taste the salty water that I swallowed when I was having a swim two minutes ago.

I love to discover new things in my life like this.




My reflection on this writing:
I have worked towards achieving my goals by:
  • I tried to use words that show what I am sensing eg sight, hearing, smelling, tasting and feeling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog